There's nothing that screams summer quite like ice cream. But, what about ice cream AND smores? Genius, right?! I know! This fun ice cream smores snack recipe idea is going to become the hit of your summer. Seriously!
Your kids, neighbors, family, friends, dogs, etc. will be BEGGING for more! So, I'll leave it up to you if you decide to share the how-to on making these yummy, summery, ice cream smores. Check it:
This recipe will yield 4 Smores cones:
8 sheets of Graham crackers
Marshmallows - 4 large and 16 small
2 Hershey solid chocolate bar - regular size
4 T Hershey's hot fudge sauce
4 Maraschino cherries with stem
1. Take out a a sheet of graham crackers from the sleeve. (This will be 2 squares attached to each other or 8 quarter pieces).
2. Cut the bottoms of each sheet diagonally to resemble an ice cream cone. To make four Smores cones, you will cut 8 sheets (one for the front and one for the back).
3. Cover the back graham cone side with pieces of chocolate bar. Add small marshmallows on top.
4. Place the front graham cone side on top and microwave for 45 seconds. Let cool.
5. Microwave 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Let cool for one minute.
6. Spoon the fudge sauce over the top of the large marshmallows. Let set for a few minutes.
7. Sprinkle multi-colored sprinkles on top of the fudge coveted marshmallow. Let dry for additional 5 minutes.
8. Insert a large wooden toothpick in the middle of each large marshmallow and push the bottom of the toothpick into the top of the Smores cone. Be sure to have the top of the toothpick protruding out of the top of the marshmallow.
9. Insert a maraschino cherry onto the toothpick at the top of the marshmallow.
10. OPTIONAL : insert cookie sticks for ease of handling
What special occasion will you have your ice cream smores part of?
CANDY TAI is a wife to David and mom of 5 with a degree in Communications. She's a native Texan (Hook 'Em Horns!) who's been making her home in the Kansas City metro area for nearly 15 years. She loves being able to shuffle her kids from their various sports activities, piano lessons, and school activities. She enjoys fashion, beauty, reality TV, and moviegoing.