Having a teen in our house has been amazing so far. Really, it has. But then again, he's only 14 so I suppose there's time for things to get tough! One of the things we've embraced along with this new phase in parenthood, is how to teach our teen about money and budgeting. I know this will be a lifelong lesson that neither of us can afford to get wrong. For this reason, discovering Greenlight, the smart debit card for kids, has been a lifesaver.
One of the things I love about the Greenlight card is that I can use it as budget setting tool with my teen. Often times, we'll pay him for chores or babysitting by way of buying new games for download on our console. I love that I can load a specific amount onto his very own Greenlight card and that he can view it anytime from the app on his phone.
Greenlight is such a great solution for our kids to learn how to keep track and use their money independently. What is unique about it is that unlike most debit cards, Greenlight supports kids from 8 to 18. Learning to be financially sound and smart is something that is so much more doable, the earlier it's started. Being able to budget and keep track of money is something that I've witnessed first hand as being something that's best learned at a young age. It's all about choices. And with Greenlight, my teen is accountable and in charge of his own choices. It's a great feeling to know that I'm empowering him to be a responsible young person.
But, don't take my word for it! If you have a child ages 8 - 18, download the Greenlight app now and give it a whirl. These are just a few of the reasons I know you'll love it:
• Greenlight offers a convenient automated allowance feature to ‘set it and forget it’ so your kids always receive their allowance on time, with no fees for you.
• Greenlight allows kids independence to spend their own money while you are in control of where their money is spent and how much they have to spend in certain stores or types of retailers. I like this feature because we can set limits on video game purchases, which can add up fast! This is also a useful feature if your kids are saving up for something special because you can make sure their purchases will only go toward that specific item.
• Take advantage of the special trial to see if it is a good fit for your family and get a $20 deposit bonus when you sign up after the trial.
• Lose a Greenlight Card or want to temporarily disable your child's card? No worries. Simply turn the card off within the Greenlight App. Parents can turn a card on or off at any time instantly!
• Greenlight is available for iOS and Android
Greenlight is the simplest and most hassle-free way I've found to teach kids how to be financially responsible in a fun and educational way!
Sign up for Greenlight before 10/30 and they'll deposit a $20 bonus into your account after the 30-day free trial ends. *deposit bonus made approximately two weeks after free trial ends.
CANDY TAI is a wife to David and mom of 5 with a degree in Communications. She's a native Texan (Hook 'Em Horns!) who's been making her home in the Kansas City metro area for nearly 15 years. She loves being able to shuffle her kids from their various sports activities, piano lessons, and school activities. She enjoys fashion, beauty, reality TV, and moviegoing.