Walking across the bedroom floor, you should feel soft and springy carpeting, or smooth hardwood floor. You should not have to dodge laundry piles and brush crumbs from your feet as you go. The first place that you see in your home when you wake up is your bedroom. The last place that you see before you sink into sleep is your bedroom. It should realistically be the tidiest room in the house, given how little time is spent there.
However, that’s not always the case. The bedroom has the potential to be one of the most cluttered rooms in the house, and if you aren’t careful about it, it could really build up. So, let’s take a look at five clear reasons you should start tidying your room today.
- For Better Sleep. You can sleep so much better when you know that you are in a place that is in order, clean and smells great. You’re far more likely to sleep in clean and crisp linen sheets than you are to sleep on sheets that haven’t seen the inside of a washer for a while. If you want to sleep better, clear the clutter, light some scented candles and empty your mind. An empty, tidy bedroom encourages an empty, tidy mind and a night full of sleep.
- For Your Inventory. A messy bedroom is often the first place to look when you lose something. There’s nothing worse than ransacking the house trying to find something, giving up, buying the thing all over again and finding it in your room. The solution? Tidy your room! You’ll know where your stuff is, you’ll save yourself the cash and you’ll have an idea of what you own or not.
- For Your Time. If you’re wondering why you have nothing to wear, or you think you don’t have time to search for things when they’re buried in your room, you need to get cleaning. It’s nice to have clean sheets, but if the linen on the bed is perfect and the floor is not, you’re in need of a deep clean.
- For Your Relationship. It doesn't matter who you’re spending your time with, there’s nothing more distracting than piles of washing. Spending time in a room covered in gritty flooring and dirty washing does not a romantic moment make! So, work through your relationship issues in a clean and calming room - do it for your love life, if nothing else!
- For Your Day To Start Right. Starting your day on a good footing starts with making your bed and clearing used clothes to the wash basket. Don’t think that making the bed is a waste of time, either. Just because you’re going to get back into it, doesn't mean that you shouldn't make it every day. You can start your day knowing that you’ve got fresh sheets to climb into that have been aired out.
A dirty space hinders productivity and creates a messy mind, don’t let that happen to you if you can help it!
CANDY TAI is a wife to David and mom of 5 with a degree in Communications. She's a native Texan (Hook 'Em Horns!) who's been making her home in the Kansas City metro area for nearly 15 years. She loves being able to shuffle her kids from their various sports activities, piano lessons, and school activities. She enjoys fashion, beauty, reality TV, and moviegoing.